Sunday, April 26, 2009

Charles Mingus: Mingus Plays Piano


I can't recommend this enough. Charles Mingus proves himself not only to be an incredibly creative composer and bassist, but an adept Pianist also. Full of improvisations and reinterpretations of his own compositions, this is a must own for any Mingus fan.
Seriously underrated.

Track List:
1. Myself When I Am Real (7:38)
2. I Can't Get Started (3:44)
3. Body and Soul (4:35)
4. Roland Kirk's Message (2:41)
5. Memories of You (4:35)
6. She's Just Miss Popular Hybrid (3:12)
7. Orange Was The Colour of Her Dress (4:17)
8. Meditations (3:42)
9. Old Portrait (3:48)
10. I'm Getting Sentimental Over You (3:47)
11. Compositional Theme Story: Medleys, Anthems and Folklore (8:36)

MP3 VBR @ ~175 Kbps

3 comments:

  1. Phenomenal album. Doesn't get much better

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? Until this album I never knew the extent of his piano skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot. Don't know why I did not have this one already.

    ReplyDelete